If you write fic, answer these questions yourself and post in your journal:
1. Why did you start writing fic? What was your first fic?
(Inspired by "Confidence Man" to write a Kate/Sawyer/Jack ficlet, "I'm Not Going Anywhere.")
2. Do you write for more than one fandom?
(No, just Lost. Although I love 24, Alias, and Buffy and often read those fics.)
3. What's your favorite fic you've ever written? Why?
(Numb. Made myself cry. Sniff.)
4. What fic of yours do you actively dislike? Why?
(Florence Nightingale. It's just awkward and unrealistic.)
5. Fic you think maybe you should rewrite, and why?
(Luck - I think I made Sawyer too sweet in the beginning)
6. Favorite pairing?
(Jack/Sawyer! Although I can also appreciate Kate/Sawyer, Sawyer/Shannon, Sawyer/Sayid and Jack/Boone, among others. And on 24, Tony/Jack, on Alias Syd/Will. Buffy, gotta go with her and Angel or Spike. Lindsey goes with me!)
7. Fic you can't believe *you* wrote?
(The Setup - I shocked myself with how smutty it got.)
8. Favorite moment in any fic of yours?
(Right now, it's from Happy Birthday, Part 12. Highlight text below to read the spoiler.
Ghost Sayid appears to Michael and silently tells him to run. The next moment, evil Kate appears. I just like spectres of doom! I also am happy with the way Sawyer facing down the polar bear turned out in Luck.)
9. Favorite character(s) to write:
(Sawyer. Duh! Also Hurley, although he's only ever a supporting character, so far.)
10. Character(s) you keep shortchanging, for one reason or another:
(Boone, in probably every fic except Broken and maybe Happy Birthday.)
11. Fics in which you got JJ'd. (Or Joshed ... or whatever.)
(Happy Birthday - 3x!: Kate's crime, dead body in the water, Sun's secret coming out by someone realizing she understands what they're saying.)
12. Your favorite non-fic writers:
(John Steinbeck, Ernest Hemingway, Jonathan Lethem, Dashiell Hammett, Jim Thompson, Paul Bowles, PG Wodehouse, Flannery O'Connor, Colette)
13. Slash: Yay or nay?
(Yay! I didn't start off feeling that way, but now I'm completely on board. ::nods::)
14. Fic writing pet peeves?
(Same as everyone: OOC, bad dialogue in which people spell things out too much, misspellings, writers inserting notes in the middle of a fic, confusingly written action. Also, not a really big fan of *super short* fics. I like length! ;->)
15. Do you write any other stuff besides fic?
(Yep. I do a variety of other kinds of writing.)
16. Do your RL friends know about your fics?
(No! I don't think they'd be into them.)
17. Would you keep writing if you never got any feedback?
(Hmmm. Probably. Although I would be very sad.)
18. Weirdest/most negative feedback you ever got?
(Just got someone very pleased I killed off Sawyer in Numb because
they hate the character. Not exactly the reaction I was looking for!)
19. What do you think is the worst thing about your writing?
(I'm always skimping on description as I race pell-mell through the story.
I also catch myself using the same phrases or adverbs ("gingerly" seems to
pop up more than necessary!) over and over but I try to nip them in the
bud before posting.)