Sometimes it's ok to pimp yourself out. Post a list of your top five fics favorite you've written, regardless of fandom or the reason you love them. This isn't about the BEST things you've written, but what you LOVE most. Then tag five other people to do the same.
1. Shooting Star. (Jack/Sawyer) Sawyer as a pirate, Jack as his injured captive. I stopped and started on this one so many times and I'm so proud of finally finishing it! And I'm really pleased with how it turned out, especially with the climactic shaving sequence, which was the main part of lillyjk's original prompt. I really love this 'verse and was happy to revisit it recently with a smutty little ficlet. Vive pirate!Sawyer!
2. Bleed Together. (Jack/Sawyer) I just really like this premise: Instead of meeting Christian in that bar in Sydney, Sawyer goes the following night and meets a very drunk, griefstricken Jack. This is some of my favorite smut I've ever written; it almost feels like someone else wrote it! I'm also in love with this dynamic, broken!Jack and comforting!Sawyer and I just realized I pretty much repeated it in the hooker!Sawyer fic, The Mix-Up. There's also just something I find very compelling about Jack and Sawyer meeting as strangers in the real world, especially when they end up in a hotel room together and have angsty, angsty sex! Because that's the first step to making it all better.
3. This Time. (Jack/James) Speaking of hotel rooms ... I'm very proud of all the fics I wrote for the Jack/James 'verse and of course the story could only end one way, in heartbreak. But I wrote this one in the middle of a very dark fic, so I simply had to give Jack and James a happy ending of sorts. I also love the idea that they meet again on Flight 815, but that, in this case, it didn't crash. To run into each other after all these years, right after they were both still so raw from what they each went through in Sydney, was too rich an idea not to pass up.
4. White Wings. (Sawyer/Kate) I wasn't going to write anything for the Lost Riffs "fairy tale" prompt but then this idea came to me and I wrote it about 15 minutes. It's very short and simple but I love the imagery of Sawyer with wings. And then I was so flattered that deej240z was inspired to make the most beautiful banner for it. I have written fic to accompany a drawing, but never the other away around, so that made me immensely happy. Sawyer/Kate remains a problematic pairing for me, but I'm thankful we had those few lovely moments of them together in S3, before the inevitable split.
5. The Curse of Craphole Island. (Crack!fic) This is just pure silliness: Sawyer realizes, to his horror, that he's turning into a giant bunny at night! I've tried writing crack!fic since this one but I've never been as happy with the results. Giant Bunny Sawyer, terrorizing the island and laying waste to the hatch still cracks me up. That and having Eko squeak in terror!
Let's see, who hasn't done this? inthekeyofd, philomel, uberaeryn, kho. Apologies if you've already done it.